Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Welcome to Mick's new Blog!

Hello, it's me, Mickey Deines.

I hope you had a great Christmas. I just wanted to give an update on what I've been up to lately. I'm a year old now! Almost 14 months.

A really fun thing that our family did last fall was go to Boston, New York, and Washington D.C. After several days of sightseeing and visiting with friends in Boston, we took the train to New York. When we got there, I couldn't believe it!! It was so big and there was so much going on. I really liked riding the subway. I met a lot of nice people. Then, after a few days in New York, we drove to D.C. While daddy had meetings for work, Mommy and I went to the Smithsonian Museum, the war memorials, the Lincoln Memorial, and Mount Vernon. That is where our very first president, George Washington lived. I was a really good boy on our trip and I loved flying in the airplane.

On Halloween I had my birthday party! It was fun to have my whole family at my house! I dressed up like a cowboy and ate a birthday cake that my mommy made for me.

I've been suprising my mom and dad a lot lately with the things that I have been doing. It seems like every day I'm telling them another new word. My favorites are: dada, mama, hot, baby, all done, hi, and bye bye. I have also recently learned to screech REALLY loud- in the highchair, in the stroller, usually when I'm strapped in somewhere. It seems to get a lot of attention.

I've been able to a eat few new things too! I have some allergies to certain foods, and I wish that I could eat whatever I want- but right now I can't, so it's been a little challenging for mommy to find things that I can eat. She did find some chicken nuggets that I can eat and I LOVE them!!

I've been really busy. I go to preschool on Wednesdays. It's called coop. I've met a lot of new friends and I have so much fun there! One of my favorite things to do is play in the kitchen area. I also like the "brown bear" book and song and the parachute. I still meet with my PEPS buddies (I've known them my whole life) every other Thursday. I am going to do swimming lessons again too! I love swimming. I like to paddle after a toy duck and "jump" off the side of the pool.

Keep checking my blog every so often. I plan to keep updating it. Also, click on the links to see some pictures.

Have a great New Year!

Mick Deines



You can still view all the photos from my first year, here: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kateramsey/baby/